Make your 2023 Lunar New Year gifting even more meaningful with this Chibi® Coin for the Year of the Rabbit!
In 2023, the Lunar New Year falls on January 22, transitioning from the Year of the Tiger to the Rabbit. The animal symbolizes mercy, elegance, and beauty. While it's often called the Chinese New Year, the occasion is also celebrated by Koreans (Seollal), Vietnamese (Tet), Tibetans (Losar), Mongolians (Tsagaan Sar), and others.
Like all our other Chibi® Coins, it is made with 1oz of pure silver and has been coloured and shaped. Depicted here is a cute child in a rabbit costume holding a red envelope with the Chinese character for ‘rabbit’.
The outer box has a contemporary design to match the lunar new year theme and includes the words ‘Happy Chinese New Year’ in English and Chinese. It also has a large window for display. Printed on the box is a Certificate of Authenticity and on the back of the coin, there is the Ian-Rank Broadley effigy of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II, to confirm it is legal tender.
There are only 2,000 being minted, order quick before you miss out!
We’ve got more fun Lunar Year coins to mark the Year of the Rabbit. Hop on over to check out our Lunar Coin collection (link in the specs below).
- Second coin in our Lunar Chibi® Coin Series is for the 2023 Year of the Rabbit
- Coloured and shaped. Cute image of a child in a rabbit costume holding a traditional red envelope featuring the Chinese character for ‘rabbit’.
- Made from 1oz pure silver.
- Specially designed coin case and packaging. Window allows for easy display.
- Limited to only 2,000 coins worldwide.
- Aimed at Chibi® Coin and Lunar Coin collectors.
Released 27 September, 2022 | RRP USD$99.00
|Metal||999 Fine Silver|
|Weight||1 troy oz|
|Finish||Proof / Coloured|
|Year of Issue||2023|
|Effigy||Ian Rank-Broadley effigy of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II|
|Country of Issue||Niue|
|Dimensions||36mm x 27.47mm|