Made of 1oz pure silver, this historic coin commemorates the service of Queen Elizabeth ll and her extraordinarily long tenure on the throne.
On Her Majesty’s 21st birthday during a South Africa tour, she pledged in a speech “I declare before you all that my whole life whether it be long or short shall be devoted to your service and the service of our great imperial family to which we all belong.” When Her Majesty acceded to the throne aged just 25, her life changed overnight from that of a young naval wife and mother to a busy Head of State.
The Queen ruled for over 70 years, longer than any other Monarch in British history. Her Majesty became a much-loved and respected figure across the globe, known for her sense of duty and her devotion to a life of service. She was an important figurehead for the UK and the Commonwealth during times of both crisis and celebration.
The design highlights a portrait of the Queen from Buckingham Palace in 1958 along with her title and years lived, all in a lovely frosted finish. The entire background features a mirror-finish, polishing the design splendidly. To confirm the coin as legal tender, Ian Rank-Broadley’s long-admired effigy of Queen Elizabeth ll is stamped on the obverse. This will be one of the last few coins to feature this striking image.
Each piece is encased in a wonderful special edition box, lined with luxe black velvet. The coin is held in an acrylic capsule to keep it in perfect condition. Printed on the box is a Certificate of Authenticity and the coin’s unique number in its limited mintage of 2,022. Inside are the specifications confirming it’s made with 999 fine silver.
Remember her incredible legacy with this piece that can be treasured for years to come!
- Historic 1oz pure silver coin to commemorate the extraordinary life and service of Queen Elizabeth ll.
- Fully engraved coin displays a portrait of Her Majesty from 1958, along with her title and years lived in a frosted finish. The mirror-finish background completes the design.
- Legal tender coin features the effigy of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II.
- Encased in a special edition box lined with black velvet.
- Lovely celebratory memento that can be treasured for years to come.
- Limited worldwide mintage of 2,022, reflecting the final year of her reign.
Released 10 March, 2023 I RRP USD$99.00
|Collection||New Zealand Mint Collectibles|
|Metal||999 Fine Silver|
|Weight||1 troy oz|
|Year of Issue||2022|
|Effigy||Ian Rank-Broadley effigy of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II|
|Country of Issue||Niue|