Following the release of our Mickey Mouse shaped coin we’re delighted to reveal the follow-up for Mickey’s best buddy Pluto!
Pluto bounded onto our screens in 1930 and this coin shows the lovable mutt doing just that, bounding along, ears up and a joyful look on his face. The dog who would eventually evolve into Pluto made his debut as a bloodhound in the Mickey Mouse cartoon, The Chain Gang, in 1930. Later that year he appeared as Minnie Mouse’s dog in The Picnic, and the following year finally became Mickey’s dog in The Moose Hunt and it’s been that way ever since! Interestingly, The Moose Hunt was the first cartoon where Pluto is called by that name.
The obverse of the coin features the Ian Rank-Broadley effigy of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II and is legal tender in Niue. It is protected by a custom-made coin case inside a modern Mickey & Friends themed box, complete with window for easy display!
The Certificate of Authenticity is printed on packaging, which also houses a holographic sticker confirming the coin’s unique number in the 10,000 mintage.
If you think this coin truly is the “best in show”, why not share this Disney magic and order one for your best buddy too!
- Officially licensed Disney 1oz silver coin.
- Depicts Mickey Mouse’s lovable mutt Pluto bounding along, ears up and a joyful look on his face.
- Protected by a custom-made coin case and eye-catching Mickey & Friends themed packaging.
- The Certificate of Authenticity is printed on the packaging, along with a holographic sticker confirming the coin’s number in the mintage.
- A bright and cheerful keepsake for Disney and Pluto fans or coin collectors.
- Limited worldwide mintage of only 10,000 coins.
Released 13 October, 2021 | RRP USD$99.00
|Collection||Mickey Mouse & Friends Collectibles|
|Metal||999 Fine Silver|
|Weight||1 troy oz|
|Finish||Proof / Coloured|
|Year of Issue||2021|
|Effigy||Ian Rank-Broadley effigy of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II|
|Country of Issue||Niue|
|Dimensions||36mm x 27mm|