Lunar - Year of the Rabbit 1oz Silver Coin
Lunar Years of the Rabbit include: 1927, 1939, 1951, 1963, 1975, 1987, 1999, 2011, 2023.
The Year of the Rabbit is the fourth in the 12-year cycle of the Lunar Zodiac. According to one myth, the Jade Emperor said the order would be decided by the order in which the animals arrived at his party. The Ox set off the night before and was first. Tiger arrived early the next morning and was second. Rat secretly climbed onto Ox and jumped down when he saw the Jade Emperor. The rabbit jumped from one stone to another and was doing well until it slipped. Luckily, there was a log floating by, which he grabbed onto and floated to the finish line earning fourth place in the race.
People born in the Year of the Rabbit are seen to be gentle, quiet, alert as well as quick, skillful, kind, patient, and very responsible.
This coin features a delightful rabbit decorated in blue and pink colours, which are considered lucky for the zodiac. The coin is adorned with iridescent motifs glowing with the rainbow. The cherry on top is a beautiful mirror finish background and the words ‘Year of the Rabbit’ engraved in English along with the Chinese character for rabbit.
It is packaged in a red and gold box in keeping with the Lunar New Year theme and heroes the same rabbit imagery to complement the coin design. Inside an acrylic block not only protects the coin but makes it easy to display. The coin can be easily removed from this magnetised block and admired close-up.
This coin makes an ideal gift for those born in the Year of the Rabbit or any Lunar New Year coin collector. The mintage is set at just 2,023, so don’t be late! Secure yours in time at the link below!
- Delightful 2023 Lunar Year of the Rabbit 1oz Silver Coin.
- Portrays a rabbit in blue and pink toned colours surrounded by a myriad of decorative iridescent motifs and offset by a stunning mirror finish. ‘Year of the Rabbit’ is engraved in English along with the Chinese character for ‘rabbit’.
- Packaged for display in an acrylic block. Includes red & gold packaging - auspicious colours in Chinese culture.
- Limited worldwide mintage of 2,023 coins — to reflect the Year of the Rabbit.
- Proof quality 99.9% pure silver.
- Great gift idea for the Lunar New Year or coin collector.
Released 8 September, 2022 I RRP USD$89.00
|Metal||999 Fine Silver|
|Weight||1 troy oz|
|Finish||Proof / Coloured|
|Year of Issue||2023|
|Effigy||Ian Rank-Broadley effigy of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II|
|Country of Issue||Niue|