Following on from our THE LORD OF THE RINGS™ poster coin series, our new series for THE HOBBIT™ begins! Starting with the first film in the trilogy, An Unexpected Journey, on a 1oz pure silver coin.
Set in Middle-earth 60 years before the epic THE LORD OF THE RINGS trilogy, the adventure follows the journey of Bilbo Baggins, who is swept into an epic quest to reclaim the lost Dwarf Kingdom from the fearsome dragon Smaug.
This precious piece (as Gollum would say) is coloured and shaped to resemble the fantasy film’s theatrical poster from 2012. As a brilliant contrast, the film’s logo and the landscape Bilbo Baggins is entering have been left engraved and frosted. A mirror-finish border surrounds the design. This piece truly has it all! To confirm it as a legal tender coin, the Public Seal of Niue is engraved on the obverse.
Making this the perfect keepsake for any fan, it is created in partnership with Warner Bros. Consumer Products and arrives in a THE HOBBIT-themed box. The large window on the front ensures you can showcase it in your collection. A Certificate of Authenticity and the unique number of the coin are printed on the back. With a mintage of just 3,000, you’ll need to go on an adventure to find yours!
Join Bilbo on his quest today!
- First release in THE HOBBIT™ replica poster coin series.
- Coloured and engraved rectangular coin features the theatrical poster for the first film in the epic fantasy trilogy, An Unexpected Journey.
- Made of 1oz pure silver.
- Arrives in a themed box with a large window for display.
- Created in partnership with Warner Bros. Consumer Products.
- Limited mintage of 3,000 coins.
- A superb keepsake for any THE HOBBIT fan or coin collector.
Released 9 March, 2023 | RRP USD$105.00
|Collection||THE LORD OF THE RINGS™ Collectibles|
|Metal||999 Fine Silver|
|Finish||Proof / Coloured|
|Year of Issue||2023|
|Effigy||Public Seal of Niue Coat of Arms Obverse|
|Country of Issue||Niue|
|Dimensions||53mm x 36mm|